Last Updated on December 1, 2022 by Sagar Kumar Sahu
Top Highest Paying Jobs in India– With the advancement of technology and global transformation, the opportunity for jobs has paved its way in all streams. A well-paid job is a dream of all of us after years of competitive education.
The salary benchmark differs and varies from sector to sector. For instance, the technology sector these days sees more opportunities than ever before.
Apart from the organization, the salary also depends on some other factors like educational qualification, work experience, efficiency, and skill set of the individual.
India has always been a land of opportunity. People from all over the world come to India in search of better jobs and a better life. And with the economy booming, there are plenty of high-paying jobs to be had in India.
- The highest paying jobs in India are mainly in the Information Technology sector(IT), Healthcare, Data Industry, BFSI(Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance sector), and Marketing industry.
- The average salary range of most of the jobs in these sectors ranges between ₹7 lakhs – ₹14 lakh per annum (LPA), with the highest salaries going as high as ₹20 to ₹40 LPA. And always remember salaries grow with experience and improvement in skillset.
- Modern technology jobs such as Data Science, Machine Learning have started to replace traditional jobs in the list of the highest-paying jobs.
Here we’ll be discussing some of the Top Highest Paying Jobs in India:
In the global pandemic of covid-19, where the health infrastructure of developed countries even succumbed, the world realized the importance of health infrastructure.
India too realized that we are not doing the best to our potential when it comes to the development of health infrastructure. Since then, the Indian government has been repeatedly giving a push to the health infrastructure here.
Salaries of health professionals have been raised, and more hospitals and medical colleges are being opened around the country.
The doctors and surgeons here are very highly paid with salaries depending on specializations like Dentistry, Pharmacy, Optometry, or domains like Healthcare Administration, Nursing and Medical Assistant, etc.
Apart from the pay scale, the respect that they earn from saving lives is something that’s indescribable.
The day-to-day duties of medical professionals involved, diagnosing diseases of patients, studying their condition, prescribing medicines, administering treatments, collaborating with nurses and other health experts, evaluating medical test results, etc.
- Bachelor of Medicine or a Bachelor of Surgery degree to become a doctor or a medical professional. (MBBS)
- M.B.B.S degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India is a must.
- Post-graduation and super specialty can be pursued further.
The median salary of medical professionals in India is about 10-11 Lakhs per annum. More than 25% of healthcare experts with experience start to earn around 20 Lakhs per annum.
The average salary somewhere ranges from Rs. 6,99,142 PA for a General Physician to ₹11,59,833 PA for a General Surgeon.
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences)
With technological advancements, the importance of data is no longer hidden. Data Scientist is a profession that’s newly evolved and is one of the highest paying jobs which offers numerous perks and great salaries.
The basic work of a data scientist is to collect, analyze, and interpret huge amounts of data in an organization.
A strong foundation in computer science, programming, mathematics, statistics, and analytics is a must to pursue a career in Data science. Not just in India, having the required skill set will also get you a well-paid job abroad.
You can learn the required skills from various online platforms to get into this field. Coursera, Simplilearn, and many such learning platforms offer this course at an affordable price.
You can get into this highest-paying job in India after completing the required course and attaining the required skills and knowledge.
You can also enhance your skill by utilizing many free online certificates available on various platforms
Undoubtedly with great potential, this is one of the highest-paying jobs in India, with an average salary being ₹ 11,00,000. Experienced professionals can earn upto ₹ 50-60 lakhs per year
- B.Tech/graduation in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or any other is also preferred.
- Master’s with specialization in Data Science (not compulsory)
- Procter & Gamble
- Walmart Labs
Machine learning specialist
This is one of the Top Highest Paying Jobs profiles in India. This also includes the role of Architect and Developer.
In India, the Information technology sector has grown by leaps and bounds and because of this Machine Learning specialists are earning hefty packages.
Machine Learning comes under Artificial Intelligence, which is known to be the future. It has integrated with sectors or industries like Healthcare, Education, BFSI, Retail, etc.
A machine learning expert needs to be an expert in skills like Java, R, Python, Scala, etc. A Machine Learning Specialist earns around ₹ 7-9 lakhs per annum on average.
- B.Tech/BE degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/IT/Data Science is required.
- A Master’s or doctorate degree in the same field provides an edge over others.
Product Manager – Decides the Product’s Vision
The product manager is in charge of a particular product and is supposed to decide the strategies required for marketing by studying the customer insights, consumer needs, forecasting of the product, etc.
The product’s vision and strategies as per the market and customer requirements are decided by the manager.
By studying consumer and market insight, the manager frames strategies and implements them with the help of the engineering team.
The requirement of this job position is often in industries like FMCG, Retail, Telecom, etc.
The average salary of a product manager in India is ₹14 LPA. The salary of a product manager is always at the high end and it keeps growing with experience in the industry.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) is a must.
- Also can either have a graduation degree in Economics/Public Relations/Advertising/Mass Communication. (Not mandatory)
- A master’s degree or PG Diplomas in relevant fields might be required for senior-level positions in the product management department.
Artificial intelligence engineer
Artificial intelligence popularly known as the technology of the future sees tremendous potential in itself.
It is an extremely technical and professional field that only tech students with a graduation in computer science can pursue. An Artificial Intelligence Engineer manages the AI tools in the company.
The AI professional must have deep knowledge of programming languages, mathematics, statistics, TensorFlow, and other technologies associated.
The market size of AI is expected to grow manifold in the near future because many businesses in various different sectors are adopting AI to improve the performance of their businesses.
- B.Tech or a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics from a recognized university is a must
- A Master’s or a Ph.D. in the same field is also required in some companies
An AI Engineer here earns ₹ 10 LPA on average in India and an experienced AI expert engineer can even earn ₹ 20 LPA.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
With the awareness of cryptocurrency, blockchain technology gained popularity.
The revolutionary field of blockchain is changing everything from financial transactions to internet access to data security and management.
Cutting-edge blockchain technology eliminates the need for middlemen, lowers prices, and improves speed and reach. It’s designed in a way that would bring more transparency and accountability.
Deep knowledge of blockchain architecture and data structures is a basic skill set that the developer must have. Knowledge of Cryptography and Decentralized applications also is pivotal for the role.
- B.Tech/B.E. degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Information Technology/Statistics is required
₹ 6 LPA is the average pay of a blockchain developer in India according to reports.
- Tech Mahindra
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Robert Bosch India
- Tosch Innovations
Full stack software developer
The Indian IT industry is projected to grow to 350 billion US dollars by 2025, thus creating around 2.5-3 million job opportunities across the country.
This states that the demand for Software Developers, including Full Stack Developers is only going to skyrocket in the near future.
The developers are given the job to create both the front end and the back end of a software/website, that is, they are both web developers and have a fair understanding of database systems.
As web developers, they build the website from the ground up and write the code for it, create servers and database functionalities, and optimize applications for multiple platforms.
They have to work with the website’s appearance, CSS, and HTML and align it with the client’s industry, business, and target audience.
- Bachelor’s degree or B.Tech in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- A solid foundation in computer programming in languages like Java, Python, C, C++, Ruby, etc is required.
Entry-level full-stack developers with less than one year of experience can earn ₹ 375,000 per annum. Full-stack developers with experience between 1 to 4 years can earn ₹ 553,000 per year.
The most popular job profile we keep hearing about in movies.
India has a diverse banking and financial services network that’s expanding rapidly thanks to the growth of existing financial institutions and new players entering the market.
Having strong research and analytical skills, verbal, communication and presentation skills are required in the banking industry and the aspiring candidate should be good with statistics/calculations
An investment banker needs to develop different types of financial models for debt and equity valuation for mergers, acquisitions, and capital-raising transactions.
Apart from that he also needs to advise clients on unique investment opportunities and recommend product offerings, private equity transactions, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Mathematics/Business Administration or related subjects is required.
- A master’s degree in any of these specializations is a plus.
For newbies, the pay scale begins from ₹ 10 to ₹ 12 LPA. With experience, professionals can earn up to ₹ 30 LPA.
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan Chase
- Deutsche Bank
As the number of taxpayers in India continues to grow every year, the demand for CAs also increases. From large industries to small firms, CAs are hired by a wide range of companies to serve as financial advisors.
CA’s need to maintain accounts, prepare financial statements, also implement accounting systems and processes. Apart from that, monthly financial reports, auditing, and taxation services are all done by a chartered accountant.
- Commerce graduates and postgraduates with a minimum of 55% marks and intermediate level passed students of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and Institute of Cost Accountants of India can pursue the Intermediate course offered by ICAI.
Chartered Accountants (CAs) with experience of 2-3 years are paid in the range of ₹8 to ₹12 lakhs per annum in India.
- Standard Chartered
- Ernst & Young
- BDO International
- Grant Thornton International
Their job role is diverse and includes working in various sectors like automotive, retail, finance, software/IT, engineering, and other industry parallels.
The marketing manager is an important position in a company. There are many duties and responsibilities they have to fulfill.
The manager needs to ensure that the products and services are achieving high sales and profits. He is to manage all the employees in the marketing department, design marketing campaigns, and Get feedback from customers.
The manager also analyses the performance of a product and makes adjustments in campaigns.
- A bachelor’s degree in Management/Marketing is the basic requirement of this job profile
- After a few years of working experience (entry-level roles), the basic requirements of marketing job roles are understood better.
- An MBA degree in marketing or management can be pursued further for better growth and opportunities.
Entry-level professionals generally earn around ₹ 4-6 LPA. With experience, the earnings go up to about ₹ 15-22 LPA.
- Tata Motors
Wrapping it up
The above list clearly depicts how a high salary package is independent of the industry a person works in. The opportunity for highest paying jobs exists in every sector.
If you are looking for a high-paying job, there are plenty of options available in our country. With the right skills and knowledge, you can find a career that pays well and provides stability for the future. Are you ready to take on one of these high-paying jobs in India?
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Which job has the highest salary in 2022?
The job with the highest salary in 2022 is likely to be medical doctors and surgeons. They are expected to earn an average salary of $187,200 that year.
Which job has the highest value?
There is no definite answer to this question as it depends on many factors including salary, company culture, location, etc. However, some jobs that may be of high value require unique skills or abilities that involve working in challenging environments or providing opportunities for growth and advancement.