Last Updated on July 13, 2023 by sourav sahu
Do you know that almost a million videos are watched in a second across the globe, out of which 60% of people prefer watching online videos? Businesses cannot afford to take a backseat when the video marketing arena is thriving at such high rates.
The biggest misconception is that curating online videos is an expensive, time-consuming, and tedious process. The fact is that you can create, edit, and publish promotional videos in just 30 minutes. And this is the most cost-effective way to present your business and brand in front of the world.
This is the most recommended way in which you can garner the maximum attention of your target audience, attract leads, and then eventually convert these leads into sales and consumers.
You don’t need to make Hollywood-style videos with extensive equipment requirements, video editing softwares, a formal background, a complicated storyboard, and an expensive star cast to make an online video. Making business videos is a simple process, and here we will discuss five simple steps by which you can make online videos.
Why Make Online Videos?
Why make online videos? Well, there are numerous reasons for entering the world of online video production can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience. From personal expression to professional growth, below are several compelling arguments that might help you to pick up that camera or smartphone and start recording:
Unleash Your Creativity: Online videos offer an incredible medium for you to showcase your artistic talents, share opinions and teach others new skills. Creating videos can provide you with opportunities for exploration and sharing your unique perspective with the world.
Connect With a Global Audience: With the help of online videos, you can literally have a global presence. You can share your thoughts, and express yourself so that you can connect with people with the same thought process as you. Your content could potentially reach people from different cultures, backgrounds, and walks of life
Unleash Your Passions: Everyone has something they are truly passionate about be it cooking, fashion, gaming, or any other hobby or interest that makes life worth living for them. Online videos provide the ideal platform for you to express these interests while connecting with like-minded individuals through compelling content creation. People share their passion on YouTube and they get viral from YouTube trending and recommendations
Develop Valuable Skills: Video creation requires many different skill sets, from planning and scripting to filming, and editing. You can engage in this journey and it will give a chance for you to learn skills like storytelling techniques, technical expertise, or communication. Hence, video creation can be seen as an opportunity for growth and self-improvement.
Strengthen Your Voice: In today’s digital era, video has emerged as an immensely effective means for communicating ideas, sparking discussions, and raising awareness on important topics. When you create online videos, your voice can be amplified while making an impactful statement.
Before we go on to the procedure, let us study some stats and understand the importance of incorporating videos as an integral part of the digital marketing strategy:
- 85% of businesses believe that video marketing is the most effective way to get noticed online. Where 87% of businesses are already using videos in their marketing funnel, 81% want to continue using this strategy in the coming years.
- Some of the main reasons why video has become an essential parameter are that 87% of consumers prefer watching branded videos, and 50% of Internet users prefer watching videos before making a purchase.
Now, let us understand how you can make quick, quality, and effective videos for your business!
5 Steps To Make A Video Online In 30 Minutes
You can make and edit a video online in 5 simple steps. Follow this procedure and charm your target audience with well-created and nicely-edited promotional videos:
Step 1 – Brainstorming
Before you start making your online video, you need to pen down some important factors. Brainstorm ideas and think of what you want to make:
Do you want to promote your organization and let people know more about your brand and business? Decide which platform you are making the video for. Landing page videos are believed to increase conversions by at least 80%.
Customers tend to retain 95% of the information shared through videos. So plan to decide if you want to make a product/service-focused video, like an unboxing, explainer, or FAQ-related video, which can show your audience how your products can resolve their issues.
Do you want to make an entertaining video? Do you want to make a video based on the experiences of your existing customers – a review or testimonial-based video (one of the most popular categories)? These are some options to choose from.
After you decide the kind of video you want to make, you must determine your goals for your video. Will this be used for SEO for the YouTube channel or to educate your audience? Do you want to make an introductory video or a video that can spread your brand awareness?
Quickly search YouTube and social media to see what the top channels and competitors are posting. Keep an eye out for videos that perform well, and use one of the successful ideas that are related to what you offer for your first video.
Step 2 – Plan
Now that you know, what you want to make, you must plan for its execution. The core aspects of planning are scripting, storyboarding, and production planning.
- Scripting means whether you want to record narration or showcase your talents through an online video, a script is an important part of the process. Scripting can include an introduction of the business, sharing the core idea of the video, the purpose for making the video, and the kind of viewers you want to address.
- Videos are incomplete without a story, and your storyboard is just that – it is about the scenes you want to implement in your video. You can use video templates that come with your video maker, which will give you ideas on how you can plan your storyboard. Build a conversation, choose the characters, and think of ways to illustrate each part of the story.
- Production planning is about finding the right location, the right lighting options, the right voice, the background score, and the prerequisites (hardware and software) you need to complete the video.
Step 3 – Create
Now that you have everything on the platter, it is time to start creating your online video. You can either create a fresh video or repurpose existing content or an old idea into a video. You don’t need high-end equipment to record videos – your smartphone is enough to make a good quality video.
Make sure you use a tripod to avoid shakiness in the video. Also, use a good-quality mic, so there is no echo in the video. Get the right lighting option and install LEDs if the natural light in the room/area is low.
Pick the location where you want to shoot and start capturing. Make sure the background is clean and gives a professional look, especially if you are making a serious business video. Run some tests to make sure the capture is clear and you can hear the audio.
Step 4 – Import and Edit
After your raw video is ready, you can import the content using a memory card or a USB. Then, you can move on to the editing process. You need a professional and effective online video editor tool to make a video online. Using it you can combine your raw video clips and create a promotional video that tells a story. Here are some tips:
- Many of the tools offered by your online video editing software are free, so make the most of templates, stock images, royalty-free music, and other assets.
- Understand the video specifications for each digital channel and edit it accordingly.
- Also, keep it short or as per the time limit permitted by popular channels.
- It is recommended to keep the duration less than 25-30 seconds.
- Edit redundancies and crop parts that are blurred or unwanted.
- Add more depth to your video content by incorporating sound effects and background music.
- Make it interesting to watch as 16% of people stop watching videos because they find them too boring.
- Put Intro and outro clips to complete your video, which can include details about your brand and an effective CTA.
- Use consistent transitions, animations, graphics, text, and effects to make your video flow better.
- Customize your brand using thumbnails, colours, fonts, logos, etc., to keep your marketing content consistent.
- Add subtitles to your videos.
Step 5 – Export and Post
After retrieving a well-edited video, you can start uploading it in the MP4 format. Exporting the video can take a little time, but once you have finished it, you can start uploading it on your official YouTube and social media channels.
You can publish your videos on email campaigns and even embed them on your website. Don’t forget to measure the metrics regularly to check how your video resonates with your audience. When you want to create a new video, repeat the process and create an online video in just 30 minutes!
See how easy it is to make an effective online video! This 5-step procedure will help you effectively use these videos in your marketing. Quality will inevitably be a competitive factor when you create videos or any other type of content. So, create quality videos that your target audience will appreciate, and take your digital marketing to the next level.
Where can I make free videos online?
There are many websites on which you can make videos online. Platforms like Canva and Clipchamp helps you to create and edit video online and then you can easily export the video as well
How do I make a short video online?
Nowadays, it is very simple to make short videos with platforms like Canva and Clipchamp. Here are the simple steps: –
Step 1 – Brainstorming
Step 2 – Plan
Step 3 – Create
Step 4 – Import and Edit
Step 5 – Export and Post