Last Updated on January 25, 2023 by Sagar Kumar Sahu
Are you looking for answers on how to check Jio balance, Jio data usage, and validity using USSD codes, SMS, and other easy methods? We have mentioned some ways to for the Jio balance check. You will also come across some jio balance check numbers, USSD codes, and dial numbers to check everything in a matter of seconds
History of Jio and its free calls, SMS, and data
Reliance has revolutionized the Indian telecom industry since its launch in 2016. Before Jio, the telecom sector in India was dominated by some established players and they used to charge very high prices for limited service and poor network coverage.
Jio entered the market with a bang and made everything free for its customers. It includes free voice calls, unlimited data, free SMS, and cheap international roaming rates.
Because of Jio, Indian users got to know about 4G technology. Jio gradually scaled up its extensive fiber optic network to provide high-speed internet at a fraction of the cost of its rivals.
After its launch, many of its competitors struggled to survive and some were even shut down. Vodafone and Idea merged together. Also, Tata Docomo was later acquired by Airtel.
The majority of customers gradually switched to the Jio network, which results in an increase in demand for Jio internet and other services. If you are one of these migrated telecom customers and are looking for the Jio balance check number, keep scrolling to know.
Why do you need to Check Jio balance, data usage, and validity?
It is very important to check our Jio balance, data usage, and validity because it helps us to manage our telecom expenses and accordingly we can plan and control our data usage.
To check your balance, data usage, and validity, you can use many methods. Using USSD codes, SMS, dial numbers, and the MyJio app are the most common ways to do this.
If you don’t know about these ways, don’t worry. In this blog post, we will give you step-by-step methods to check your Jio balance, data usage, validity, and other similar telecom services
There are 4 main methods for Jio balance check, data usage, Jio call details, and validity
- Using USSD jio balance check code
- Using SMS
- Using dial numbers
- Using the official My Jio App
- Using Jio Website
- Using Jio chat
- Using Jio’s official WhatsApp number
Jio balance check number codes, data usage, and validity check codes
First, we will cover the method of using USSD codes to check Jio balance, Jio data balance check, and jio validity check number. We will provide a list of USSD codes that you can use for this purpose, along with detailed instructions on how to use each code. We will also mention any potential issues or errors when using USSD codes and how to troubleshoot them.
Here is a list of USSD codes for checking your Jio balance and validity, along with detailed instructions on how to use each code:
|Check internet balance information||*111*1*3#|
|Check main balance and validity||*333#|
|Activate caller tune||*333*3*1*1#|
|Deactivate caller tune||*333*3*1*2#|
|Check the value-added service (VAS) balance||*333*1*4*1#|
|Check your Jio number||*1#|
You should note that these USSD codes change from time to time, and we try our best to provide you with only the latest and updated USSD codes.
You can also dial 1299 to check jio balance
To check your Jio data balance and validity, follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s dial pad.
- Dial 1299.
- The call will be automatically cut
- You will receive a message instantly showing all of your account details like SMS details, call details, remaining data balance, and plan validity.
Note: The number we provided may change in the future. So if this number didn’t work you can verify it is changed. You can comment below if this number is updated.
How to check Jio number without the app – Use the SMS method
After saying you the full form of USSD, now let me tell you about the SMS too. The full form of SMS is Short Message Service. It is another method used to check your Jio balance, Jio data usage check, and validity check.
To use this method, you need to send a specific SMS to a specified number and wait for the automatic reply. This automatic reply contains all the details regarding your Jio balance, data usage, and validity.
|Jio Details||SMS Text||Send To|
|Check the current plan for Jio||MYPLAN||199|
|Activate 4G data on your SIM||START||1925|
|Check call rate||TARIFF||191|
|Check Jio number||JIO||199|
|Check 4G data usage||MBAL||55333|
|Validity check number||BAL||199|
Note: These SMS codes keep changing from time to time. However, we keep updating the code in case any code changes. Still, if these texts don’t work, you can wait for 1-2 days till we update the table.
Check Jio balance and data using the My Jio app
You can also download the official My Jio app from the playstore to check your Jio balance, data balance, validity, and other VAS. Simply follow these steps:
- Download and install the My Jio app on your smartphone.
- Open the app and sign in using your Jio number and OTP
- Once you are signed in, you will see the home screen of the app.
- Tap on the “Prepaid Mobile” option. This will show you your current balance and validity details.
- You can also see your current data usage and the remaining data balance by tapping on the “Usage” option.
Check Jio balance, data using the official Jio website
If you don’t want to download the MyJio app because you want to save your phone memory, you can get the same details from the MyJio app too.
To check your Jio number details using the official Jio website, follow these steps:
- Go to the Jio website at https://www.jio.com/.
- Click on the “Sign In logo” at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your Jio phone number and click on “Generate OTP“
- You will receive the OTP to your number. Enter the OTP and click on Submit button
- Once logged in, you will see the data balance and expiry date of the current plan on the homepage itself.
- You can use the My statement option too. This will show the data usage history and Jio call details
- You can also use the “My Plans” tab in the top menu to view and manage your Jio plan details.
By following these steps, you can easily check your Jio number details using the official Jio website.
Check Jio balance by dialing these numbers
We have already given you the number 1299. Now let’s know about more such numbers.
From the title itself, you must have understood that one can also check Jio balance, data usage, and other important details by calling a specific number.
Actually, when you dial the number you hear an automatic robotic voice. This voice is called IVR
IVR stands for Interactive Voice Response. It is a technology that is used by many customers care support systems to interact with its customers through the use of voice and DTMF tones input via a keypad.
To check your Jio balance and data usage by using the IVR)system, simply dial the number given below.
- Dial the Jio customer care mobile number: 199 (for Jio users) or 1800-88-99999 (for non-Jio users).
- Wait and you will hear the automated voice
- It will ask you to press the appropriate number on your phone’s keypad
- You need to select the option that you need to know, it may be either your balance or data usage.
- The IVR system will either tell you the information over the phone or send a text message to your number.
Here is the information in a tabular form:
|Recharge plans, data balance, validity, etc.||1991|
|Tele-verify and activate HD calls & data services||1977|
Other contact numbers to talk with customer care executives
|Calling from a Non-Jio Number||1800-889-9999|
|Support when roaming abroad||+917018899999|
|Interested in Jio||1860-893-3333|
Using Jio Chat to check Jio Balance, Data usage, and Jio validity check
Yes, you are correct. In addition to call-based and SMS-based customer support, Jio also offers WhatsApp and online chat services for customer support.
To use Jio’s online chat service, you can visit the Jio website
Now click on the “Chat Now” button. This will open the chat window where you can ask your queries and get your queries solved.
Jio Whatsapp number to check Jio Balance, Data usage, and validity
In addition to the above services, Jio has also started WhatsApp and online chat services to provide customer support. Here are the details-
|Online chat||Chat Here|
The WhatsApp and online chat services are available 24/7 and you can use them anytime you want.
What to do if none of the methods worked?
Even after trying all the steps, if the solution is not there, then Jio has come up with a new option to send a special appeal.
In this option, you can appeal to the Appellate Authority anytime from Monday to Friday, between 10:30 AM and 06:00 PM, with your unique complaint number.
What is USSD?
Let me explain to you the full form of USSD. Yes, I know it is out of context, but still, I want you to have a general idea about the word which we use regularly in our life.
What is the USSD code?
The full form of USSD is Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. These are the shortcodes of specific numbers to check all services and information related to your Jio account. Once you enter the codes, you will see the prompts and you just need to enter these numbers to navigate and get the necessary details. Benefits of using USSD codes to check your balance, data usage, validity, and other details
- They are fast and easy
- Can be used offline too (if you don’t have an internet connection).
- Easy to follow the prompts
How to use USSD Codes?
- To use USSD codes, simply open the dial pad with your active Jio SIM card.
- Then enter the USSD code using the dial pad.
- The system will show you a prompt having menus or options.
- Now follow the prompts to get your number details
Okay, now let’s come to our main topic and know what are the USSD codes to get your work done
Some common issues of USSD codes and their solutions
Many Jio users face various errors while using USSD codes. Here are some common issues and how to troubleshoot them.
1. This USSD code is not working: If you see this error message, then there could be a problem with the Jio network, or the SIM card is wrongly inserted. To resolve this try these things
- Restart your phone,
- Turn on airplane mode and turn it off after a minute or
- Reinsert the SIM card.
If the problem still persists you can go to your nearest Jio center for customer support. You can also contact the customer care number using another Jio number of your family member or your friend and tell them about the issue
2. Invalid USSD code: This error simply indicates that the USSD code you entered is wrong or outdated. That’s why you stay updated with our website to get the latest USSD codes only. You can also contact customer care to know the latest USSD codes.
Related check articles: How to check vehicle owner details using the number plate?
We have provided all sorts of methods to check Jio balance, data usage, and validity. It’s up to you how efficiently you follow our steps. Let us know in the comment box if any changes need to be added to our blog. We will definitely change the information
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I check MyJio data balance by SMS?
To check your MyJio data balance by SMS, simply send an SMS with the message “MBAL” to the number 55333. You will receive a response with your current data balance.
How do I check MyJio data balance by dialing?
Dial 1299 on your phone to get your current data balance and other plan details.
How do I check MyJio plan expiry date and time?
To check the expiry date and time of your MyJio plan, you can either dial the code 1299 on your phone or use the MyJio app.
How do I check my remaining data in Jio?
To check your remaining data in Jio, you can use the MyJio app. The app will show you your current data usage and remaining data balance. Additionally, you will receive messages from Jio when you have used 50% and 90% of your data, so you can keep track of your usage.
Can I use Jio main balance to activate a new plan?
Yes, you can use your Jio main balance to activate a new plan. To do this, you will need to have sufficient balance in your account to cover the cost of the new plan. You can check your current main balance by dialing the code 1299 or by using the MyJio app.
What is the jio validity check number?
You can dial 199